"I gained a lot of insight into areas I am unfamiliar"
Brandon Binnie, University student, 20 y.o., Australia, RSSA
- What would you recommend for the next Summer school’s students ?
Next year, maybe it could even go a bit longer (by another week or so?) It was fantastic, I loved it and I felt like it went by so quickly! Maybe then there could be an opportunity for a few days to sightsee in Angers and/or Paris on the Paris trip.
- What did you think of the activities organized by the Summer Schools ?
Really interesting and fun- I especially enjoyed the trips to Genethon, and kayaking and rowing on the Seine.
- What did you think of the Summer Schools’ courses ?
Very interesting- I gained a lot of insight into areas I am unfamiliar with at the moment. I don't think I could suggest any different courses.
- What did you think of the city of Angers ?
It was beautiful and the people were extremely friendly- I really enjoyed the social events and the shops in Angers.
- What did you think of the welcoming day ?
It was great! I remember being excited to start off the adventure that was to follow and meeting all the other participants.
- Do you have a little story to share with us ?
I have now finished my Bachelor of Science at my home university at UQ, and next year I am looking forward to studying my Honours degree in kidney development research. I am now thinking about the future after that too, in how I was approach medical research. Thank you for the amazing opportunity, sorry for the late reply- but I am also hoping I will be able to return one day again and see the other participants. Merci!